Thursday, March 14, 2013

Learning to Draw

Slowly, over the past 2 years, I have been teaching myself to draw. I am constantly drawn (ha ha, I'm a funny girl) to drawing people. I am starting to feel comfortable with the proportions  but now I need to start learning about shading, and gradient, and all those other artsy drawing terms I don't really have a clue about.

Thankfully, the internet is full of clues for the clueless!

My latest drawings and watercolors.

Watercolor Girl 14Mar13 (2)
Drawn on an old pad of paper hanging around, scanned and printed onto watercolor paper.
Painted with watercolors. 

Watercolor Girl 14Mar13 (3)
Close-up of her face. Her left eye is bigger than the right, which I didn't notice until I painted it. 

Watercolor Girl 14Mar13 (5)
I tried to fix the left eye and just made it worse. Oh well. 

Watercolor Girl 14Mar13 (6)
Here is a close-up of the shirt I drew/painted. Emma loves it. Maybe I should think about making one for her to wear :0)

That's it for now, hope you all have fun and creative plans for the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Great job! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really, seriously been teaching yourself to draw?!? Okay, that gives me hope that I, too, could teach myself to draw. Adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Des!

    Julie, Seriously. About the same time I stopped telling myself I couldn't do math, I stopped telling myself I can't draw. I won't claim to be either a math genius or an elite artist, but I can do public math so much faster, and I can draw pretty well. Someday I would love to do an art retreat where I get to learn more from a pro, but for now, I just use what I can find for free on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know you can create short urls with BCVC and receive dollars from every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, makes me feel good to know that people are reading my stuff!

Thanks!!